Tuesday 22 January 2013

Superlate superquick review: White Fence

How did this even happen?? How could I not review this for a month? Truth be told, Xmas sucked me into the winter lull that I have been struggling to escape from ever since. But I am not going to leave you in the dark now, am I? I am still going to give a quick review of this gig at West Germany on a very cold winter's night.

Basically, the place was packed and hot, with little oxygen. The 60s sounding tunes of White Fence got people jigging. And it was good, at times psychedelic, and it was cosy. I'll be honest with you though, I enjoyed this, I truly did, but it lacked a little in the way of excitement for me. In a way, I could liken it to watching The Rolling Stones in the 60s but without their really wild numbers, and without Mick Jagger, if you know what I mean. 

But yes, a bottle of cola with friends, a chat, a jig, some garage tunes, heat. 'Tis was a good night. Yes, it was. 



No comments:

Post a Comment