Sunday 13 February 2011

Review: La Sera

I like Monarch. It's cosy yet clean and I love the window front which allows a view over Kottbusser Tor. There is the drawback that depending on where you are in the audience, you may not be able to see the stage due to Monarch's asymmetrical layout.

Friday night, Monarch was packed for La Sera and I believe some folk may have experience afore-mentioned problem. The sound was OK though and with its nice big bar, everone enjoyed themselves regardless I think. 

Musically, La Sera delivered exactly what was expected and the audience reflected this. Twee pop with some rock influence played by likeable people. It was a nice gig, albeit not one that will stick in my memory for years to come. And thus, everyone stayed after the gig, enjoying the cosy atmosphere. Why go anywhere else?

No comments:

Post a Comment