Friday 15 July 2011

Preview: the week ahead (18th-24th July)



Monday
I'm not going to mention how dearly I wish to be able to see Morrissey this Monday.

Tuesday
Pink Reason and Circuit des Yeux at Bis aufs Messer: Both bands are going to play an acoustic set at lovely Bis aufs Messer record store. Concerts usually start early on time, but you know that anyway.

Future Islands at Lovelite: Chances are good that you missed Future Islands last Berlin show because there were like more people standing outside the Schokoladen and hoping to get in than people fitting in the space. So this is your next chance, but as it seems the show is already sold out. I'm not entirely sure but I think Lovelite still sells some tickets at the entrance, so you might want to be there a little early. Future Islands live are definitely worth it.



Thursday
Vocuhila, Une Distraction, Stella Veloce and Ansgar Wilken at bei Roy: I'm so looking forward to this! I saw Vocuhila already at their last Bei Roy gig and they were amazing! They're a french Free-Jazz trio and you should definitely give them a try! Une Distraction are a Berlin based experimental "noise rock" band, maybe you remember my euphoric review from last month... Stella Veloce and Ansgar Wilken are both artists that play experimental music with Cellos, check the links above and listen to their stuff.




Saturday
Down By The River Festival feat. Jeffrey Lewis at Kater: I don't know any of the other bands playing but a Jeffrey Lewis gig could definitely be worth a visit to this festival...

No comments:

Post a Comment