Thursday 2 January 2014

J.'s top of 2013

We hope you all had a good start in 2014 and survived all that holiday season stuff without much drama. 

Starting the new year with writing about the old one might not be most exciting thing to do but still there were some great live music moments in 2013 that I just didn't want to leave unmentioned. Also I'm really looking forward to what the new year has up it's sleeve, we'll keep you updated about that pretty soon. 

Here's my top of 2013 list in chronological order:
  • 24.04.: Buck Gooter, bei Ruth: Weird, noisy and unpretentious, this was really cool.
  • 25.04.: Wolf Eyes, Festsaal Kreuzberg (review here): A very intense show plus Wolf Eyes released one of my favorite records this year.
  • 09.05.: Deux Boules Vanille, bei Ruth (review here): I was totally blown away by this live performance, I really hope these guys come back to Berlin very soon!
  • 13.05.: Mount Eerie, Festsaal Kreuzberg (review here): You just can't go wrong with Mount Eerie, I just like almost everything this guy does..
  • 17.05.: Bell Witch, Koma F (review here): Although I attended very few hardcore shows this year, this one really stuck out.
  • 22.06.: Nisennenmondai + Clean & Jerk, Urban Spree (review here): Awesome show and a surprisingly good support band, hope to see more of them in 2014!
  • 04.08.: Drum night at bei Ruth w/ Greg Fox, Bastian Hagedorn, Good God, A.E. Widow: A concert based on just drums that blew my mind. This wasn't boring for a single minute.
  • 01.10. Black Pus + NMO, Urban Spree (review here): Chaotic, hectic, wild, this was everything I love about Lightning Bolt and it was amazing to see that Black Pus could convey that just on his own.
  • 23.10. Colin Stetson, Berghain (review here): Beautiful and haunting in it's own way and in the perfect location for a show like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment