The new year is slowly coming out of hibernation and is getting more and more interesting concert wise. See what this week has to offer and also check out our calendar for stuff that's going on later this month/year.
- Geoff Farina + The Dropout Patrol - private house show: Although this is already booked out, maybe there’s some chance of still getting a place if some people cancel their reservation. Geoff Farina plays acoustic solo shows nowadays that musically range from blues and jazz to traditional folky Americana songs. Allegedly he’s going to play some Karate songs on this tour, I’m excited! Support will be Berlin based Dropout Patrol, check them out!
- Ela Orleans at Badehaus: C*’s gig of the week. Experimental dream pop from France - this lady with her music gives us goosebumps and fans of Stereolab, Dirty Beaches, MGMT or Molly Nilsson will equally get a good kick out of this.
- BraBraBra + The Anna Thompsons at Schokoladen: Brabrabra is a Berlin based girl group and they play wavy lo-fi punk, think of Wavves, No Age etc. with a hint of Riot Girl and a Casio keyboard. The Anna Thompsons are - to quote ourselves - loosely situated in the genre of dream pop but clearly influenced by 60s girl groups as well as post punk. They are also superstars with a two-page feature in Zitty this week.
- Hammerhead + Fox Devils Wild + Gulag Beach at Köpi: Hammerhead are back and this will probably be stuffed and packed. If you’re into oldschool and in your face hardcore punk get your ass over to Köpi this Saturday or stay where the pepper grows.
- Sewer Election + Damien Dubrovnik + Puce Mary + Krube + Torba at NK: For the more experimental folks amongst you there is something nice going on at NK, they announced it as “a night of crude live noise and dirty electroacoustic tape-music” which sounds quite promising.
- Slow Steve at Sputnik Kino: The British Shorts film festival is one of the best, you should seriously check it out. Also, during the duration of the festival, Sputnik Kino in Kreuzberg hosts free (or sometimes low-price) concerts in the foyer of their cinema. Slow Steve will perform. Attentive readers of this blog know all about Slow Steve. Meet C* there!