Monday 11 February 2013

Orchestrated geniuses

I still have a birthday card a friend once gave me that reads "Beck will be yours one day." When I was younger, I was convinced I was going to meet Beck in person one day and we would get married. Then I found out he was devoted to the church of Scientology. Dreams shattered. Here is the man who unknowingly broke my heart, performing the song of another most admired artist of mine, David Bowie, in the most elaborate setting with over a hundred musicians to an audience of only 160. It's for a car brand and we shall not get into that any further. Just let me tell you, if there was only one gig I could have attended this year, it would have been the recording of this:



Fun fact: The conductor you see at the start is Beck's father.


No comments:

Post a Comment