Sunday 17 June 2012

Preview: the week ahead (18th - 24th Jun)

Weird weather. Weird football. Weird gigs. The week is coming to an end and, quite frankly, I am glad it is. I am looking ahead.

Monday
Jah Wobble & Keith Levene at Volksbühne: The original bass player and guitarist of Public Image Ltd are playing those early PIL songs (i.e. the Metal Box album) for the first time in 30 years. How f**king exciting is that? All the reviews of their recent show have been through the roof amazing. A promising night in a wonderful venue.

Thursday
Loup and Best Before Unu at bei Roy: A night of avant-garde free jazz and noise, mixed with weird electronic noise and visual art. For the experimental people amongst you.
New Order at Tempodrom: I once disallowed J. to preview Iron Maiden at Columbiahalle, arguing that they really didn't need the exposure through our blog. Haha, silly me. These days, I stick New Order in our preview. There. That's because New Order simply hold a special place in my heart, have got me through the fun times and the tough ones with their music. I am not one of the lucky ticket holders, this is simply too pricey for me, but I still felt this special gig deserved a mention.

Friday
Thee Oh Sees, La Sera and The Mojomatics at White Trash: Thee Oh Sees = noisy garage rock and on of the best live bands I know. Best gig last year, read my review! La Sera = Vivian Girl's side project, garage pop and incredibly good. (watch the whole video or you won't get the idea!) Finally, support from our local Italian rockers. What a night! See me there!


Saturday
Guitar Wolf at Roter Salon: Japanese garage punk in the most brutal, noisy, yet kitsch way. They are considered legends already. This is going to be wild and rocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment