Saturday 23 October 2010

Fake to Real

When I woke up this morning, glad that I have finally started this blog, I suddenly remembered that I once got a guest list space at Berghain by pretending to be a freelance journalist. I really badly wanted to see Battles play and had no money and figured that it might as well start off my career as a music journalist. Needless to say the career never took off but the gig was truly amazing. Berghain's Panorama Bar makes for a wonderful concert venue, I was in awe at its beauty, and Battles didn't disappoint. They could have skipped the bad jokes in favour of a song or two more but musically, their performances are inspiring, to say the least. And incredibly good to dance to.

Well, who would have guessed that a year on I do indeed write about music, even if it's in a slightly less sophisticated manner than I had imagined, and not in print.

c*

1 comment:

  1. In this context, you should have a look at Battles' website where you can see their videos in full screen. Absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, they have recently released the news that they're parting paths with Tyondai. Battles are planning an extensive tour in 2011 to support the new album, so let's hope that they will play Berlin and that their personnel change won't put this in jeopardy.

    http://www.bttls.com/

    ReplyDelete